J. Tuther Compound Microscope, C 1820


An 1819-1827 free-standing, John Penn Tuther, (1774-1827) compound microscope in original mahogany case. Engraved with his 221 Holborn London address. It is based on a pattern of George Adams, and generally known as “Jones Most Improved microscope”. The London Museum of Science and History has two similar Tuther microscopes, engraved with his Bloomsbury address. John Tuther moved the location of his shop in ca. 1818, from 64 Upper King Street, Bloomsbury, London, to 221 Holborn. Accessories: Fishplate, Stage foreceps, Condesor lens, Stage magnifier, ivory slides, talc box. Measurements box  29 x 19 x 6 cm

SKU: 00 351020 S Categories: ,

    Interested in this product? Contact us!